Friday, December 26, 2008

Snow and tired dogs

I think I have finally made the dogs tired from just everyday running around the farm. Had to make multiple trips outside to just take care of stuff and of course my faithful companions were by my side. We cleaned the barn, turned out horses. Made the walk to the road to check out the snowy conditions and then back.. in /out in/out.. trip to the bank and feed store and tonight all they are doing is snoozing like we did a marathon around the park or something :) I don't usually think of tired dogs and schipperkes in the same sentence :) We have had to live with snow coming down every day for the past week, shoveling what we could and living with the rest. Now the temps have climbed away from the freezing mark and have stayed there so now I have drip, drip, drip happening all over the barn roof and house. I will be thrilled when we get the running water back in action in the barn tomorrow. Bucket hauling was the worst. The house is not far from the barn until your trying to carry full 5 gallon buckets to the barn for livestock.

No comments: